Charleston County Government announces lane closures for final paving over the next week and a half for the completion of the Maybank Highway additional westbound lane. The work will begin on August 30 at 9:00 a.m. and is scheduled to end on Friday, September 7. All construction is weather permitting.
- The lane closures/shifts may occur from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday excluding August 31 through September 3 due to the holiday
- Flaggers will be directing traffic safely through the closures.
- During this phase, drivers maybe experience traveling over uneven pavement.
- Drivers traveling through the project's construction zone should be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
- The previously announced nighttime lane closures will still be in effect as well.
The goal of the project is to improve traffic flow and safety on Maybank Highway and to provide adequate bicycle and pedestrian accommodations. The project will be substantially complete by September 11, 2018.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County's Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.